BASMATI & WILD RICE GRILLED TOMATO
Lamb Neck – Manchego – Anchovies
4 Beef Tomatoes – remove top and seeds
200g Basmati & Wild Rice
600g Lamb Neck
Shallot – Carrot – Celery – Rosemary – Lamb Stock – Red Wine
1 Onion – finely chopped
2 Garlic Clove – crushed
100g Manchego Ewes Cheese – grated
60g Black Olives – chopped
2tbs Basil – chopped
Olive Oil – Rosemary – Sea Salt – Garlic
- Seal the lamb neck then place in a tray with vegetables, herbs, stock & red wine, cook slowly at 100˚c for 4 hours or until meat is tender. Allow the meat to cool before picking it down, pass off liquid and reduce by half reserve for sauce.
- Cook rice in plenty of boiling salted water.
- Sweat off onion, garlic and anchovies in a little olive oil then add to rice mix in grated manchego, black olives and basil, season.
- Stuff the tomatoes with the mixture put top back on and place on a tray, drizzle with olive oil, rosemary, sea salt and garlic cloves and cook on the Synergy Grill with a bowl over the top to retain the heat for approx 10 minutes.
- Remove and drizzle with lamb jus.
Author Dez Turland PR & Marketing Chef Saunton Sands Hotel/Brend Hotels
Promoting Environmental Responsibility ✓